Joseph I. Williams
Education 1999 - 2002 Indiana State University Terre Haute, IN.
B.S. Human Resource Development
· Cum laude
· Epsilon Pi Tau
· Phi Kappa Phi
· Golden Key National Honor Society
· Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Scholarship
· Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society
1997 - 1999 Oakland City University Oakland City, IN.
Associates in Arts
· Magna cum laude
· National Dean's List
1990 - 1991 Ivy Tech State College Terre Haute, IN.
Technical Certificate in Automotive Collision Damage Repair
Work Experience 2003 Present Indiana State University Terre Haute, IN.
McNair Program Graduate Mentor
· Assist with a variety of administrative and clerical duties.
· Assist students in completing forms, applications, travel plans, reservations, and transportation.
· Maintain office database regarding student information. Serve as a backup for other office personnel.
2002 Present Indiana State University Terre Haute, IN.
· Assisted the teacher of an undergraduate course in Human Resource Development and Technology Education.
· Facilitated instruction using Indiana Higher Education Telecommunication System, Web-based, and on-campus courses.
2000 - 2003 Indiana State University Terre Haute, IN.
Televised Distance Education Video Director
· Directed and produced "live" multi-site interactive programs including lengthy programs with several on-camera talent, videotape roll-ins, graphic insertion, including telephone and live video responses from remote sites.
· Designed training materials to help improve the performance of televised distance education video directors at ISU.
2002 2003 Indiana State University Terre Haute, IN.
· Assisted undergraduate students in understanding a variety of general education subjects. Motivated students through weekly tutorials, probing discussion and revision of notes.
Volunteer Activities 2003 Present McLean High School Terre Haute, IN.
· Provide guidance, nurturing and understanding to youths.
· Assist youth in understanding a variety of general education subjects.
2003 Present Volunteer Action Alliance Terre Haute, IN.
Volunteer Activity Coordinator
· Develop and coordinate volunteering opportunities in the community for the McNair Scholars Program.
2000 2001 Ryves Hall Youth Center Terre Haute, IN.
· Tutoring youth
· Recreation volunteer worker
2000 2001 Hyte Community Center Terre Haute, IN.
· Tutoring youth